'Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full"

Luke 14:23

Friday, December 16, 2011

December Update



I have been taking Ki-Ki into the city with me. He has been begging me to go preaching. At first I was apprehensive, but it has ended being up  some incredibly precious time together. He is technically still in diapers but is nevertheless extremely excited about proclaiming the gospel. The second we get off the bus he says, "can I preach first"?

His message is pretty simple: "Come to Jesus, and He will give you rest;" but its biblical, and I am very grateful to have this opportunity to disciple him. Go proclaim His glory Ki-Ki, and let "no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity" (1 Tim. 4:12)

I had the privilege of preaching in Times Square a few weeks ago. It really was a dream come true and quite difficult to put into words. Its impossible to truly know the power of the gospel until you see it reach people's hearts even in that chaos. Several people were arrested by the word and sought council from folks in our group. We also had many, many Christians greatly encouraged to see the word being publicly heralded. A few minutes after I started, the most gracious, young, African-American man said to me, "I thank you so much for doing this. Can I buy you a cup of coffee?" He came back a few minutes later with a hot drink and a very generous gift certificate.

Beyond that, the preaching continues in San Francisco unabated. I am grateful for every opportunity to "Declare His glory among the Nations!" (Psalm 96:3).  

No comments:

Post a Comment