'Go out to the roads and country lanes and make them come in, so that my house will be full"

Luke 14:23

Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Year in Review

I realized that my post yesterday was the first in many, many months so I wanted to give a more complete update on what's been happening.

Many businesses operate on a 'fiscal calendar.' In the same way, I believe that there is also a ‘spiritual calendar’ as well.

For me, the spiritual year began on Wednesday, the 21st of September, 2011. It was here that for the first time (after 15 years of being a Christian) I witnessed a true outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

This took place at the Expect Conference in Colorado Springs. I would tell you who the speakers were but it really doesn’t matter - Jesus was there (that’s all that matters) and He poured forth the Promise of the Father. For three days we were at the very gates of heaven.

Even as I am writing this I realized something very interesting. About two years ago the Lord gave me a very clear word when I was walking down the hall of the school where I teach. It was so simple: "Autumn will be your most fruitful season."

It was a wonderful word! I grew up in New England and autumn is breathtakingly beautiful! It is truly a time of Harvest.

Anyway, I realized that autumn began in 2011 on September 23 - the day after the Expect Conference ended! How awesome of God to confirm His word to me with such a clear sign.

Moreover - I turned 40 several days ago and thus autumn has truly begun!

Since that Conference I have seen what I would call 2 general moves of the Holy Spirit at two different 'retreats.' One adult, men's retreat and one college retreat.

I have also seen 1 general move of the Holy Spirit at a local church.

Praise the Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment